Friday, 25 February 2011

AAAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!!


This is what I feel like shouting, for a very elongated period. Why won't it just sink in? Why do I keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again? After the two poor early trades from yesterday, I went and repeated the exact same mistakes, not once but TWICE today! The only difference was, I was so frustrated that I didn't just accept the loss, I went back into the matches. The only difference between the two games was that one ended up green (Djokovic) and the other one red (Jankovic) - HUGE red. The end result for the two would have been almost identical if I'd just accepted the early red but I would've saved myself a bucket-load of stress.

I'm trying to look for positives but it's becoming harder and harder now. The main one is that my strategy would have produced a win in both games - as usual. I also managed to suppress my anger, though it didn't do a great deal of good today as I still acted rashly. I had an idea to recoup much of the loss on the Nishikori v Sweeting game but decided that I should act differently for once and shut down the PC and take a break. So much for doing the right thing - my idea would have paid off if I'd done it. This had the potential to send me into a blazing frenzy of fury but I guess the break did work, as by the time I found out about the Nishikori result, I was far more rational and had already decided to just crack on at a steady pace and not take any risks. I placed a speculative bet on Larsson v Parra Santonja and it couldn't have gone more horribly wrong - 6 games lost on the spin for the Swede. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Even the Almagro win left a sour taste as I really didn't do the right thing here (though end result would have been similar with my correct strategy).

I'm drained now, absolutely shattered. There are only a couple of matches on tomorrow, so I'm going to take the time out to refresh my mind and re-evaluate where I am right now. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.