Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Slowly Getting There


Right from the word go, today was a million times better than yesterday. I made a huge, concerted effort to start the day well and get my mindset 100% correct. I ate a good breakfast, did my stretch exercises for my eyes and body, had a short hypnotherapy session, took my ginseng and my fish oil and properly went through my daily goals. It worked a treat and I was on top form for the whole day. I still had issues with concentration and focus but I worked hard to over-come it today, unlike in recent days where I just couldn't seem to sum up the required energy. I kept well hydrated and active throughout the day and every trade I entered, I did so with correct procedure followed.

The only disappointment for me was the last two games, which ended as scratch trades but really both should have been +£15 wins. I got a little greedy and ended up losing my profit. It shows I still have some work to do to get back to the level which I expect of myself. Some of the old demons are still knocking around, fighting to get out! Fixating on the amount of money being won / lost, was a key one today. But I know that I have to keep grabbing at those small greens for now. I'm still only on small stakes and I have to keep reminding myself of that. Relatively speaking, these 'small' greens are actually quite a good size.

Tomorrow, I am setting myself a few different goals:

1. Try not to fixate on the money. I aim to do this by effectively snapping myself out of the thought process. As soon as I start to focus too much on the amount of green or red I have, I will literally click my fingers, which in doing so, should signify a switch in my thought process. I should be thinking about coming out at the right stage of the game, not determining exit points by how much profit I have.

2. Keep talking out-loud. I didn't do enough of this today. Sometimes I forget and just end up thinking through within my mind alone. But when I think out-loud, I plan ahead much better and it stops my mind wandering. It almost got me in trouble with the Kuznetsova game today. I lost focus during the game and when I returned to the screen, my entry point was glaring back at me! I didn't have time to think through the situation though and I over-staked in my rush to get a bet placed. It cost me because that was a game I should have profited from.

Overall, a great day and I feel as though I'm on my way towards my optimum performance levels - and it's been a long time since I can say that!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you focusing on your tradingrules. I had a big Red on monday, because i simply did not stick to my strategy, by concentrating too much on the greens and the reds. If it moves just another 10 ticks i will get my losses back. NO! This is Not trading. So keep on focusing, you do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, sweet new background. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Daniel. Let's hope Pivovarova climbs those rankings, can't get enough of her on court!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.