Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Strong Is Beautiful: Li Na



Li Na/ Na li is now officially the 2nd highest paid female athlete in the world, following various endorsements after her French Open win which made her the first Asian player to win a Grand Slam. She has signed contracts worth $42 million which are set to take her above Maria Sharapova next year, who earned $25 million in 2011.


Yet again, I'm staggered at the starting price of the matches at the ATP World Tour Final. OK, Tsonga won fairly comfortably yesterday but I stand by my assessment that his SP of 1.5 was way too low. Again, we see a low 1.5, this time on Tomas Berdych. Janko Tipsarevic has beaten him twice this year already and in the 3rd and most recent encounter, was 5-0 or 5-1 up in set 1, playing stunning tennis before he let the Czech back in to take the set. He was also a break up in set 2 and I'm still not sure how Tipsaervic didn't win that match. He'll be fresher than Berdych, as he hasn't played a game yet. I don't think he'll take long to adapt to the court as it's similar in pace to St Petersburg, where he was a finalist. I'll be laying 1.5 all day long, as I think it'll be a close match, though who wins is anyone's guess.

Djokovic is understandably low but he didn't impress against Berdych, having to save match point before scraping through. He should win today but Ferrer will be full of confidence after beating Murray, so again, expect a slow start from Novak, who I feel is still struggling with his shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.