Monday, 26 December 2011

2012 ATP Schedule

I wrote about the debate over the length of the men's tennis season in the post 'Moaning Tennis Players' recently and the schedule for 2012 has just been released. Two weeks have effectively been lopped off the calender, which means 2 less weeks to make money - I don't think any full-time tennis trader can be happy with that.

What the ATP have done is to move the St Petersburg and Vienna tournaments (which were both in the same week in October) back to earlier in the calendar. This now means Vienna will be competing with Moscow and Stockholm, (which I'm sure the organisers will be pretty pissed off about) whilst St Petersburg goes back a whole month to compete with Metz. The second week that's been culled was the spare one between Paris and the ATP finals, currently in London, which was an obvious move. So I suppose it's only one less week of actual tennis to trade.

Finishing the season in early November is gonna leave a long gap till the re-start now - guess I'll just have to up my game! I still think it's daft to have Indian Wells and Miami as the only 2 tournaments in the whole of March. Some of the clay court tournaments have been moved around but otherwise the changes are minimal and I can't complain too much.

I will officially be back trading on the 29th for the start of the 6 man exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi, which is followed immediately by the Hopman Cup, Chennai, Dubai, Auckland and Brisbane - it's gonna be a busy first week of 2012!

Here's world number 64, Canada's Rebecca Marino:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.