Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Sound Familiar?

0-0

OK, I've been matched, now just wait and watch the green roll in!

15-0

First point goes against me, no worries, long way to go yet.

30-0

Only half-way till the game is won, not on my players serve so not a problem.

40-0

No point redding-up now, most of the market movement is finished.

GAME


OK, lost this game but my player will probably hold serve and I'll be all-square.

0-15

Only one point, no need to panic yet.

0-30


He'll probably focus more and pull out a couple of big serves here, then I'll red-up.

0-40

No point redding-up now, most of the market movement is finished.

GAME

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! Knew I should have redded-up earlier!! No way I'm going all-red now, that's way too much. Looks like I'm all-in........just need a break here and I'm back in with a chance. COME OOOOOOOONN!!!!


15-0


Shit.

30-0

F**** off you ****!!!

40-0


Is he tanking this?! Dirty f****** cheat!

40-15


OK, here we go, back in the game.

40-30


Yes, that's it, just one more point!

40-40

YEEEESSS!!! I knew it, this is it, I promise I'll red up if he wins this game!

ADV

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!! Please God, just one more point and I promise I'll never, ever let a red trade run this long again.

GAME

GET IN THERE YOU B******!!!!! I've got the momentum now and it's on serve. No point redding-up now. Just one more game.

0-15


Only one point.

0-30

If he comes back from here I'm gonna jump around the room, fist pumping and roaring at the top of my voice like a primeval animal and I don't give a toss who hears me.


0-40

Ah well, that's it, you've messed it all up again haven't you, you cretin. No chance now, no way in a million years he's coming back from that. I give up trading, can't be doing with this shit.


15-40

No, forget it, it's too late now you muppet. Why wait until now before bothering to try? Hopeless.


30-40

Come on mate, you can do it, this is much better, don't give up now!! Oh God please, just one more point!!

GAME, SET, MATCH


AH YOU MOTHERF******** PEICE OF **** B****** C****** W******!!!!! Thanks for getting my hopes up at the end there, you lazy git!


Why oh why didn't you just red-up at the start you idiot!?

0-0

I'll soon get it back on this next game............



**Just for those of you with no sense of humour, the above does not represent me and my trading. It's merely a parody of a scenario most tennis traders will have gone through at some point. I thought I'd be a little light-hearted today, as some people take trading far, far too seriously.........


OFF-COURT BEAUTY: World number 15, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia:


0-0

18 comments:

  1. Hi Sultan, if what you describes above is how you see trading, i think you got it all wrong. Trading is not about hoping or thinking. You need to have some rules, and those rules will tell you your exits.
    The above scenario is pure gambling.
    Good luck.

    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seriously need a sense of humour transplant!!

      Delete
  2. I hate this... especially when it goes against you 3 times in a row and you already could have greened up or shorten your red big time.

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-puXtkdIwDeU/TzEOKEzLxzI/AAAAAAAABSo/tMpEOnDIlQ4/s1600/cibulkova.png

    made 45% red on Cibulkova yesterday going in at 2 different positions but break and break back and break back of break... that really suck... first entry was all good and could have greened for almost 10% and waited on next opportunity. and then you get lost and cant do anything but hope that the break point wont come.

    i think redding up earlier before break point is a thing i need to get used to, especially at WTA and no more staying in the match for longer than a break and a hold... not going to wait for a double break or set end... might not even wait for a hold if entered at 0-0. I find it way to dangerous right now. favs struggle lately to often. what you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TTS
      There will always be periods where the favourites seem to be losing more than usual - this is sport and anything can happen. You have to be prepared for that, which means you need to define your exit points. You need to decide when you are going to red-up and stick to it - easier said than done! But the saying goes 'cut short your losing trades and let your winning trades run'. The quicker you stop your losing trades, the less money will lose. Simple - in theory!

      Delete
    2. Yepp, thats easy said. Still can not define my exit point. Well obviously at break point is the last exit point and right now my only one, which is not making any good... i guess an 0-30 should be another one. But haven't found my style yet.. just glad i don't let the break happen to often anymore... very rare that i misjudge or dont get matched while reacting too late on BP.

      Delete
  3. hi Sultan
    I love your blog!

    When I see this post, half of me 'loled' and the other cried because it reminds me my first's month's of Traiding.
    Damn, you got that thinking right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ToSee! Reminds me of my first YEAR of trading, never mind a month!

      Delete
  4. Excellent love it, and any real trader/gambler will have definitely been through the above scenario or similar. Regardless of the first comment, even if you have a plan I do not know any trader who has not, had to at some time learn the hard way. Whether he/she has a plan or not they will have left trades open, chased loses or simply gone on full tilt. It is only with discipline and willing that you finally learn to control your emotions. Thanks for making me laugh and reminisce - lol The Dog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dog! Not done that scenario in a while but we always have to be vigilant because even the most experienced trader can lapse every now and then.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha I think 99.99% of traders have lived the above at some point..tyttetrading is obviously a multi billionaire trader or living on cloud cuckoo land...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's neither, he just likes to have a dig whenever he can. Obviously bitter about something.....

      Delete
  6. Totally agree with The Dog above, in my case the mindset usually followed a couple of small wins and were the result of not wanting to end the day with even slightly less than the peak profit. Laughable really. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SJ. Did send you a message on your blog yesterday but deleted it as was meant for your eyes only. I didn't realise you don't moderate your comments - give it a few months and you will ;)

      Delete
  7. Been there, got the tee shirt. Thanks for the reminder of how it used to be. I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all like to think it's how it used to be but I reckon it's never that far away from resurfacing, especially during a bad run - which is what I'm having right now!

      Delete
  8. Heh heh. I was getting ready to write something like, " oh ffs you're not still doing this, SURELY????".

    Hmm the new light hearted Sultan. It'll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm getting a bit tired of the serious aspects of trading to be honest. Can be very draining.

      Delete
    2. A bit of my comment went missing. I meant it'll never catch on...

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.